Saturday, May 16, 2009

Souper Saturday Again

With today being a chilly spring day, we made another hot soup. I got the recipe from a colleague of Chris's after he had eaten some of hers and really liked it. I made it a few weeks ago with one or two tweaks but today I made it true to the recipe using ground turkey. It is super easy and kid friendly. I made cornbread(from a package) in a cast iron skillet to go with the soup. Yummm.

(I am still trying to figure out my camera!)

Taco Soup

1lb lean ground turkey or beef
1 large pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can black beans
1 can white beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can green beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes (Mexican chile or spicy)

Brown meat and drain
Add Ranch and taco seasoning mix to meat and mix well
Add all the other ingredients without draining
Simmer for one hour

Serves 12 1cup servings


No comments: